Monday, June 28, 2010

Euche Bar - American River Canyon

On Monday, June 28, 2010, G.H. and I hiked the Euche Bar Trail. We hiked across the bridge and then to the left until we came to a point where a creek flowed into the river.  I filled my two Nalgenes there. and then on the way back at the bridge.  

Directions To trail head:
Take I80 to the Alta exit, turn right onto Morton Road and immediate left onto Casa Loma. Drive 2.7 miles to the second railroad crossing, the trail head is .75 miles past this. The parking area has two pit toilets. The trail head is about 500 feet east of the parking area.

An old car that fell off the road at what it now the start of the trail


Move to the right of the Euche Bar Bridge to access the water


View from the bridge
The remains of some mining machinery
The trial.
This snake was swimming in the water as I went to fill my Nalgenes.




Where the creek flows into the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment